It's official! It's my birthday and I'm 28 years old. That's only 2 years away from 30, so things are definitely getting real now! You know?!
In many ways I'm where I thought I would be at 28. And in other ways, I'm not. I know you can't have it all, but maybe reflecting will give me a chance to work on the areas of my life I'm not... totally happy with. If that makes sense?
Things I'm happy with:
1. My children and my family. I'm married to my best friend and I have two beautiful children. I may have had them a little younger than I thought I would, but hey! They are my proudest achievement to date and I love being their mummy. Oh, and I love being a wife too... ;)
2. My hobbies. I love blogging, and vlogging. I finally feel happy with what I'm doing, and I'm so proud of how far my little blog and writing skills have developed over the last 4 years.
3. Where we live. I love our new home, and we finally have enough space for these two little rascals to run about! I'm so proud of us for being ale to save for as long as we did and survive in a one room/ tiny little house for as long as we did!
4. Time. I'm so happy with the fact I manage to get time to spend alone with both my children, as well as time to sit down and relax in the evenings with my husband and time to myself at weekends. I don't know how this has happened, and I can't really offer advice on it! It doesn't always work out like that. Sometimes the kids are unwell, or sometimes Dave is really late home from work. But at the moment there are more days that it works out than not, and that's pretty darn good!
Thing's I'm not happy with:
1. I don't read anymore. I spend most of my time looking at technology and I would love to start reading actual books again!
2. I don't have a style. At least, I don't think I do. And by 30 you should really have your own style right?
3. I'd like to be more confident. I get invited to so many amazing events for my blog and I just end up turning them down because I'm not confident enough to go to them alone. I always thought I would be really confident by 30. I guess I have 2 more years to work on that though, ah?
4. I'd like to write a book. An actual book. And have it published. So. Yeah.
Happy Birthday to me!