Ah, summer. Sun, sea, sand and dragging two young children across the world kicking and screaming... hmm. Maybe not so tempting huh? Well, I'm going to give you my top 5 tips to help your family holiday with young children go as smoothly as possible!
1. No pressure. Gone are the days where you can lie on a beach with a good book. Accept that it will be busy, chaotic and sometimes, a complete mess. And then do it anyway! Just take away that pressure of having the "perfect" holiday and embrace the madness! (Also, remember they won't always be so difficult. You'll have your relaxing holidays back one day, sooner than you think!).
2. Be beach prepared. We always bring a pop up tent (not expensive!). This give our kids shade, a non sandy surface for eating sandwiches and nappy changes as well as a nice place to store all your bags and things.
3. Suncream! Don't forget the suncream! And smoother it on, all day long. Set a timer on your phone if it's easier.
4. Fine places to eat that serve simply, non fussy food your kids will love. And then just stick with it. Nothing worse than searching for an hour before dinner for a nice place to eat when your kids are hungry and tired! Also, plenty of snacks and drinks on tap all day long. Not only do they keep hunger at bay, they are great tantrum stoppers!
5. Keep it simple. If it all kicks off and everything feels like a complete disaster, then go back to basics. Keep things simple and don't worry about doing everything. Just get up, go to breakfast, stay by the pool and keep things simple. Make a routine of it if you must! If thats what works, then so be it! You can relax knowing the kids are in routine and enjoy the sun!
Any more top tips? Come on summer!! xx